[mythtv] Whats the deal with usability

Imran K gururug at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 06:11:21 UTC 2007

This message is intended to be constuctive and light hearted.

I am a linux/networking junkie who has tried most distro's on the market and
hacked up a few HDTV boxes.

As yet, I am yet to try Myth personally. Mased on the several articles I
have read, Myth is not easy to deploy and configure.

What are the main issues (wholistically) that prevent myth being deployed
smoothly and easily.

Some ideas;

            Hardware Compatibility
                 -drivers
                 -various formats and standards
            User Skill Level
                 -is Myth intended for skilled user only and many
            Platform Maturity
                 -is the platform (various softs used) not muture enough to
stably provide what is needed.
           Hardware Maturity
          (as above)

I'm interested to see what you chaps who are in the trenches have to say
about this?

 people do not have the required skillsets

--
IK