[mythtv] MePo-wide 0.2.0 released. MythVideo Support

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Jan 15 10:57:29 UTC 2007

> Eskil Heyn Olsen wrote:
>> On Sat, 2007-01-13 at 10:35 +0000, Justin Hornsby wrote:
>>

>>> Is the shoutcast code ever going to be included in the main code?  I
>>> don't see the point of adding it otherwise...
>>>

>> I for including it - guess it would just take some lobbying from me and
>> whatever code cleanup would be necessary. The lobbying is the part that
>> doesn't quite grab me.
>>
> I for one think the lack of support for internet media is the biggest
> piece missing from mythtv and the shoutcast patch is a great start for
> that, at least from the user's perspective (I'm no coder), but I think
> the code would need a little polish as it causes freezing sometimes if
> there is a communication problem. Hope you'll get a chance to fix it up
> a bit, but even as is I would not be able to get by without it. Thanx!

I'll second all of that - its nearly there but due to the stability issues
I often fall back to MythStream.

Since ffmpeg can handle RealPlayer streams now (e.g. BBC radio programs)
then the addition of that codec would be of special interest to me (some
of the BBC music doco's are really good!), although the number of streams
available there does benefit from the parser method of scraping the BBC
web site.

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks