[mythtv] patch application nudge?

Sun Jan 14 23:30:12 UTC 2007

Hi all,

   I just wanted to give a few patches a polite nudge...

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2194

One of the Australian data providers (tvguide.org.au) was (and is)
having load spikes at some popular grabber-running times.  This
ticket has a small patch to randomise the grab time within the
specified range.  There has already been discussion about the patch,
and a new version is attached to the ticket incorporating the some of
those suggestions.  There was a whole thread with other suggestions
about how things could be improved, unfortunately it fizzled out
without concrete suggestions that were better that my proposed patch.

This patch was designed to solve a real problem.  Can it please be
applied before the next release?  If people then want to improve
things from there, that's great!

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/255

This is the softpad ticket.  It was made clear that the softpad
branch wasn't going to be merged into trunk.  A bunch of people have
been maintaining their own version of this.  The main issue is a
small change to the Myth protocol - this generates conflicts any time
an unrelated protocol change is made.  There was discussion in the
last thread on this topic about committing the protocol changes as
stubs, without the problematic scheduler changes.  That would allow
easy use of the scheduling patch without common conflicts on updates.

That commit of protocol changes hasn't happened, so I've prepared a
patch with up-to-date changes and added it to the ticket.  All it
needs is someone to commit it...

Both of these patches have been around for a while (although perhaps
not in the cleaned up form that applies to a recent revision).  Is
there any chance of getting them applied soon?

Be well,

Will        :-}