[mythtv] importing channels.conf does not work since revision 11682

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Jan 12 10:56:36 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 11:44 +0100, Remy Bohmer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some troubles importing the channels.conf file I have generated
> with dvbscan tools.
> Channels are imported, but none of them  are stored in the database
> for some unclear reason. No error-message is given at all. Channels
> are just all ignored, not even 'skipped' mesages are displayed in the
> setup.
> I have done some investigation and it turned out that the first
> revision causing this problem was revision 11682.
>
> Does anybody else have seen this problem already?
There is ticket #2830, which is for someone whose
PMTs are incorrect. Rogers Cable in CA I believe.

> Can anyone please give me some hints on this?
Not without a log of some kind. For a good start try:
  "mythtv-setup -v record,siparser,channel"

Also, a copy of your channels.conf might be useful.

Also, what country are you in?

Are the channels DVB-S, DVB-T, DVB-C, ATSC, SCTE ("ATSC QAM"),
or some other MPEG based standard?

-- Daniel