[mythtv] Remote controller but not with LIRC

brian turbo at talstar.com
Thu Jan 11 22:17:57 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 14:47 +0100, Mariusz Kruk wrote:

> This idea, as well as Mark Weaver's are both based on lirc, and lirc
> AFAIK supports only "button-type" events while I have faders in the
> controller I wish to use (could be useful for setting volume/brightness
> and similar controls).

 Yes... but, even still -- volume, brightness, pitch bend, modulation,
breath control, etc are still sent as discrete packets in MIDI.
Presumably, they could then be mapped to discrete keystrokes.  About the
only thing that wouldn't have a direct one-to-one corollary would be
SysEX packets.  The "faders" on MIDI devices, while seeming continuous,
are actually streaming packets on the MIDI network while being operated.

 - Brian