[mythtv] MePo-wide. A New Mythtv Theme now available for downlaod.

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 7 01:20:01 UTC 2007

--- Zdzislaw Gorlicki <zdzisekg at comcast.net> wrote:

> >> old

> >> maybe

> >> color/image

> >> problem,

> >> thnax guys, keep 'em coming. Right now I'm still focusing mostly on
> >> completing the theme but I will certainly look at these issues as I near
> >> completion
> >>

> > So I spent some time troubleshooting these issues (I updated to r12418) and
> > this is what I've found:
> >
> > 1) The repaint event is indeed being generated
> > 2) The event does indeed intersect with the PlaybackBox::drawVideoBounds,
> and
> > PlaybackBox::updateVideo does get called
> > 3) The line in updateVideo that draws the pixmap
> > (p->drawPixmap(drawVideoBounds.x(), drawVideoBounds.y(), temp) appears to
> get
> > called (at least I verified that temp.width() > 0, which is the condition
> on
> > the drawPixmap line).
> > 4) PlaybackBox::curitem points the new new item (i.e. it isn't a case of
> "yes,
> > we're drawing, but it's the old item getting drawn again")
> > 5) If I try to draw the pixmap over the left or right panes of the
> > recording/group lists both the aspect ratio and the not-getting-update
> issues
> > go away.
> >
> > So as best as I can tell, we're trying to paint the right thing at the
> right
> > place at the right time, and the QPainter just isn't getting it done.
> Also, I
> > don't see the theme's draworder being used anyplace in PlaybackBox.  Is
> that
> > right?
> >
> > I have a couple of other things I still have to try (I'd like to take the
> > pixmap out of the picture and alternate drawing black/white boxes so I know
> it
> > really isn't getting redrawn, maybe draw the same pixmap twice... once
> where it
> > isn't working, once in the region where it is, etc).  But if someone out
> there
> > understands QT painting better than I do (I just started reading the online
> > docs last night) than I'm all ears...
> >
> > --Jack
> >

> you're talking about the preiews in "watch recordings" screen. correct?
> If so, I am unable to reproduce the issue. for me, both 4:3 and 16:9
> have the same size and preview just fine.

Yep, that's what we're talking about.  Odd that it works for you but not for
some.  I'm using a 1280x720 modeline... is that what you're using too?

I've collected another data point:  If I move the selection bar to a new item
in the right pane, and the preview image doesn't get updated (it never does),
and if I then take an xterm and push it in front of part of the preview image
and then minimize it, the part of the image that was covered temporarily by the
xterm gets redrawn with the correct pixmap.  What I end up with is a mostly old
pixmap on the screen with a small section being correct (the part that was
covered then cleared by the xterm).

I'm not very familiar with qt screen drawing, but it appears like the
QPaintDevice (the PlaybackBox) is drawn onto and then not totally refreshed to
the screen.  Guess that's where I'll look next.  But not tonight, football is
recording :)

-Jack