[mythtv] NOTICE: XMLTV support changes

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Fri Jan 5 21:35:15 UTC 2007

In the next few days I'm planning to commit a bunch of changes to the XMLTV
grabber handling which is guaranteed to break things for a handfull of
people. So this is an advanced warning and an explanation of what you need to
do.

The changes will remove any grabber or country specific fixups (hacks) from
mythfilldatabase. From now on we will treat every grabber according to
the "capabilities" it claims to support.
http://xmltv.org/wiki/xmltvcapabilities.html

The XML output from the grabber will be expected to comply with the XMLTV DTD
0.5 meaning that any data in the wrong fields, incorrectly formatted or
missing won't be imported correctly into the programme guide.
http://xmltv.org/wiki/xmltvfileformat.html

Only generic fixups of data will be allowed in mythfilldatabase, any other
problems will have to be addressed it the grabber itself.

So if you are using a grabber which isn't contained in the current xmltv
release (0.5.45) you should contact the author. Ask if it is compliant to the
current DTD and supports the --capabilities argument.
--
Stuart Morgan