[mythtv] animated themes

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jan 4 20:11:02 UTC 2007

Justin Hornsby wrote:
> On 04/01/07, Matt <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Everyone!
>>
>>   Quick question for you... is it possible to create annimated menus
>> in a theme now?  I'm interested in possibly getting into mythtv theme
>> creation, and just wanted to explore what was possible.  It appears to
>> be possible to have animated icons, but can the menu system be
>> animated?  Can you do something similiar to Apple's Front Row where
>> the menu items rotate around a single selection point?
>>

> I was digging around in the source (prompted by someone doing the same
> in #mythtv-users) last year & saw some interesting stuff which doesn't
> yet seem to have any use.  Somewhere around the alphapulse code is
> something along the lines of slide/move which I guess could pave a way
> for menu items to move around of their own accord.
>
> Not knowing my code from my er... anyway not knowing much about coding
> I dunno exactly what it'd involve to bring that to life but I figure
> that there are bigger fish to fry right now which is why nothing has
> come along yet.

While I could be speaking 100% out of my er... I think the intension is
to use the GL Painter to provide the possibility to do animated menus in
the way you describe like in Frontrow etc. (a visual effect I too would
very much welcome to Myth).

So while I could be wrong, I think this is Work In Progress.

Isaac would be the man to comment authoritatively tho' (along with many
others who listen better than me!!).

Col.