[mythtv] imdb.pl

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Mon Feb 19 20:43:25 UTC 2007

Pekka Jääskeläinen wrote:
> On 2/19/07, Josh <TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com> wrote:
>
>> Can someone confirm that imdb.pl has broken with
>> the recent imdb.com code changes?
>>

> If so, I recommend you try out the imdbpy.py script in trunk. It
> externalizes the actual IMDb data fetching to another project (IMDbPy)
> and works with 0.20, too.  This ticket
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2734 has unapplied patch to that
> script. I plan to finish those scripts within couple of weeks.
>
> Please test and let me know if works for you.

OK, I'll play with that this afternoon on my SVN/plug-in dev box. As a
workaround, I found the the IMDB FAQ that if you want to use the "old"
site you can do it by pointing yourself to former.imdb.com instead of
www.imdb.com so I went though the perl script and changed all of the
www.imdb.com references to former.imdb.com and that seems to have fixed
everything temporarily as IMDB says they will be removing the "former"
site in the near future... that should give everyone enough time to fix
the scripts or to get switched to this IMDbPy project.

--
Josh