[mythtv] LCD backlight dimming

Wilhelm Eger Wilhelm.Eger at uni-jena.de
Mon Feb 19 15:23:33 UTC 2007

Hi there,

I've got a question where to start with some developing. The feature I want to
implement is the possibility to control the backlight of the lcd device.
Currently there is a switch to keep it on or off for the whole time mythtv is
running. It would be nice to let the lcd turn off the backlight after a time
and turn it on after some input (e.g. mouse, keyboard, remote). So, where is
the best point to start? Mythlcdserver controls the backlight, but where can I
get a "common" input?

Bye,

Wilhelm