[mythtv] Multiple Channels from one Multiplex...

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Fri Feb 16 07:42:16 UTC 2007

Daniel Walton wrote:

> have become fairly cheap so it just isn't worth a qualified developer's time to
> implement this vs the cost of buying another tuner.

if you think about PCI cards in newer motherboards - there are often
just two (or at best three) PCI slots. With these two cards you can
currently record two programs - and you're done unless you buy another
backend with free PCI slots and also buy more cards (and antenna
splitters, and signal amplifiers etc. - not even talking about dish
where splitting the signal is even more complicated AFAIK). If Myth got
this feature you could record say 6 or 8 programs without spending any
more money for hardware...

> All that said I would love to see someone implement what you're asking for and
> would gladly throw in $30.

Me too.

Petr