[mythtv] Multiple Channels from one Multiplex...

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 20:50:16 UTC 2007

On 15/02/07, Daniel Walton <dwalton at cisco.com> wrote:
> Just my 2c here...unless you raise a LOT of money you are going to need to find
> a myth developer who REALLY wants this feature in order to get it implemented
> (in other words money can't be the primary motivation).  Part of the problem
> with getting a developer to really want this feature though is that HD tuners
> have become fairly cheap so it just isn't worth a qualified developer's time to
> implement this vs the cost of buying another tuner.
>
> For $160 you can buy a dual tuner HDHomeRun box...that isn't a lot of money when
> you weigh it vs spending dozens of hours to write this feature.
>
> All that said I would love to see someone implement what you're asking for and
> would gladly throw in $30.

There are too few developers (who each have their own interests), too
many requests, and not enough time (just look at the outstanding
patches and enhancements, let alone defects in trac). The project is
still very small and I'm guessing the number of developers with commit
rights is tightly controlled so that direction of the project can be
carefully directed.

One still hopes that someone gets the itch sufficiently badly in order
that they decide to scratch it though :) It would really be a great
feature.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: