[mythtv] Strange issues with MPEG channels on QAM

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Feb 12 21:12:36 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-11 at 01:51 -0500, Joshua M Thompson wrote:
> The problem areas seem to occur where Comcast has inserted local
> advertisements in the stream. When they occur Myth seems to lose sync
> with the stream. When this happens the front end spits out thousands of
> lines like this:
>
> [mpeg2video @ 0x108ba24]get_buffer() failed (stride changed)
>
> Sometimes it recovers, sometimes it aborts back to the recording screen,
> and on occasion it just crashes.
>
> Has anyone else seen this? I checked Google and Trac and couldn't find
> any other mention of this. I'm running SVN 12770 but this has been
> happening ever since I started recording these channels many many SVN
> revisions ago.

I've seen this. It happened in a strangely encoded movie
I recorded a few weeks ago. And it happened when switching
from the cable company add back to the network stream.

I kept the recording, but I haven't had a chance to look at
it yet. My guess is that there is an aspect ratio or resolution
change we don't handle for some reason.

-- Daniel