[mythtv] Using Wikipedia as a source of artist information for MythMusic

Wendy Seltzer wseltzer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 18:41:03 UTC 2007

Artistinfo iteration 2 allows you to hit "W" while listening to a
track to pull up MythBrowser with the Artist's Wikipedia page.
(Requires MythBrowser; minor keybinding patch to MythBrowser included
to enable you to dismiss it with another press of "W".)  Once
compiled, these keys are configurable on the MythWeb keybindings
screen.

<http://wendy.seltzer.org/mythtv/artistinfo-v2.tgz> has patches to
MythMusic and MythBrowser, plus a bit of perl and sql to add a bit of
Wikipedia info to the database. The browser function should work even
if you haven't added the wikipedia column to your database, though it
may be less likely to find matching entries.  Should apply against svn
12759.

Thanks for the pointer to Amarok.  Lots of interesting info there.  I
don't have the programming chops or time to remote-enable that though,
so I'm going to stick with trying to bring a few extra features to
MythMusic, where I've got a reasonably optimized system for browsing
my classical collection through the TV screen.

--Wendy
--
Wendy Seltzer
http://wendy.seltzer.org/mythtv/