[mythtv] Compiling DirectFB on 0.20-fixes

Mike Gibson megibson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 18:04:50 UTC 2007

On 1/12/07, Jeff Breadner <breadner at telus.net> wrote:
> Hello
>
>   I'm about to try compiling mythtv-0.20-fixes with DirectFB on my PS3.
> The wiki page on this focuses on 0.19; I went to make some of the code
> changes it recommends and it looks like this is no longer necessary, the
> DirectFB stuff should now be handled proeprly with ./configure switches.
>
>   Is this correct?  Do I still have to make any code changes to get a
> working DirectFB system?
>
>   Will things work if I use the recommended "./configure
> --enable-directfb --disable-x11 --disable-xv", or should I add / remove
> flags here?
>
>   The PS3 isn't the best compiling platform, it takes a good 2 hours to
> build all of MythTV.  I'd like to avoid trial and error if I can ;)
> I'll create a wiki page dedicated to this topic when I get a working
> procedure.
>
> thanks
>   Jeff

I think there is some confusion about myth and DirectFB.

It seems that the menus are using Qt and while some of the video
playback is done with DirectFB, the menus still rely of Qt.  Is this
true?  I'd certainly like to know if this isn't true, because I'm
spending a lot of time working on a DirectFB driver for Qt/Embedded.
Could some kind dev please clarify?

Mike