[mythtv] Updated patch for directshow filters with MythTV (for CoreAVC)

Andrew Lyon andrew.lyon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 00:10:22 UTC 2007

On 2/8/07, Alan Nisota <alannisota at gmail.com> wrote:
> Andrew Lyon wrote:
> >> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../libdshowloader/libloader.a',
> >> needed by `libmythtv-0.20.so.0.20.0'.  Stop.
> >> make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/mythtv-0.20/libs/libmythtv'
> >> make[1]: *** [sub-libmythtv] Error 2
> >> make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/mythtv-0.20/libs'
> >> make: *** [sub-libs] Error 2
> Did you remove the libdshowloader dir before applying the patch?  The
> makefile needs to be rebuilt via qmake (which should happen
> automatically during make).  If you can't get it to work, copy the
> makefile + *.mak from the 1.0 patch and try that.  There is nothing
> special about the Makefile in 1.1, I just tried to make it build in the
> myth system properly.

Alan,

Not sure what was happening last night but I've got it working now,
although I cannot get libdshowloader to compile as part of myth, I
have to cd dshowloader , make.

If course the colours are still wacked, were the samples of any use to
you? do you need any more?

As you said it is much faster in 1.1, very very nearly realtime, in
fact I've just watched 20
minutes of bbc hd without a single glitch, only very high motion
scenes cause problems now.

Well done Alan!

I'd be willing to buy a faster cpu to help with the high motion
scenes, the E6700 is still a lot more money than the E6600 I have now
but 2.67ghz versus 2.4ghz might just be enough to do the job, what do
you think?

Perhaps the compile issue is due to my configure settings, I use
Gentoo so usually portage compiles myth for me, but while testing your
patch I didnt use portage, instead I unpacked the svn snapshot of
12672 (and today I used 12729), applied the patch, and ran configure
with the same settings that gentoo uses on my system:

 ./configure --prefix=/usr
                --mandir=/usr/share/man
                --libdir-name=lib --disable-audio-jack --disable-dbox2
--disable-hdhomerun --disable-altivec --enable-xvmc
--with-bindings=perl
                --disable-audio-arts
                --enable-lirc
                --disable-joystick-menu
                --enable-dvb
                --dvb-path=/usr/include
                --enable-opengl-vsync
                --disable-firewire
                --enable-xrandr
                --enable-xv
                --disable-directfb
                --enable-x11
                --enable-proc-opt --enable-mmx --compile-type=release
--arch=pentium-m --disable-distcc --disable-ccache

Or perhaps it could be due to a version difference in my toolchain?

Andy