[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r12744 by stuartm

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.fi
Thu Feb 8 17:50:27 UTC 2007

> Author: stuartm Date: 2007-02-07 19:03:26 +0000 (Wed, 07 Feb 2007)
> New Revision: 12744 Changeset:
> http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/12744

> Refs #3041
>
> NOTE: This commit may break or negatively impact the performance of
> mythmusic. I'm committing it in this possibly broken state before it
> becomes larger and harder to handle.

Upgraded to HEAD and thought that if I'm not scanning music then this
change-in-progress will not hurt. But.. of course it fired up the music
schema update & re-scan as soon as MythMusic was started. And that loses
all the ratings and number of plays values from the music_songs table!

Thank god I had SQL backups so it was quite easy to revert back to
earlier table. But for others to notice that this will happen.

Is it possible to fix the schema upgrade to take these two values into
account when upgrading? Not sure if there are still some other values
also to consider..

By the way, any point in updating the cleanup patch in #2958 to work
with this new refactored code?
--
   Otto