[mythtv] Request: MythHelp

usleepless at gmail.com usleepless at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 22:42:00 UTC 2007

Robin,

On 2/7/07, Robin Neatherway <robthebob at gmail.com> wrote:
> > those who have volunteered to give it a try: please do so.
> >
> > it would be an awful discovery to find mysql actually "needs" the
> > .size() calls...
>
> I have compiled and am currently running your patch. No problems so
> far, apart from what Justin pointed out.
>
> I'll let you know if anything goes wrong.

thank you for the effort.

i would like to know who would decide when and if these patches are
commited if they are flawless.

so basically i am willing to remove these redundant calls from every
lib and program. but only if i know it will be commited.

when these size()-calls are gone, a lot can be solved by
string-replacement in the query-string in mythdbcon.cpp ( i have a
about 2 pages of string replacement statements there ).

i have also submitted a ticket for some FreeBSD issues. made a mistake
though: will wait for the compile to finish before submitting the
ticket next time.

regards,

usleep