[mythtv] Using Wikipedia as a source of artist information for MythMusic

Wendy Seltzer wseltzer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 03:33:08 UTC 2007

I've been looking at ways to pull more information into the MythMusic
displays, and see that Wikipedia has an impressive number of classical
composers.  It's probably even better with popular artists.  Seems like a
good source for more background while browsing or playing music.

So far, I've added the years of the composer's life and death (where
applicable) and a Wikipedia URL to the database.  Preliminary patch and
database update at <http://wendy.seltzer.org/mythtv/artistinfo.tgz>.

As well as using that information as another display or sort option, I was
thinking of pulling up the composer's Wikipedia entry as a visualizer, if I
can prod MythBrowser into cooperating.  Has anyone tried anything similar?
Any other thoughts or interest?

--Wendy

--
Wendy Seltzer