[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r12715 - in trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic by paulh

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Feb 4 17:29:12 UTC 2007

Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Sunday 4 February 2007 16:36, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>
>> * pressing "Add" will copy the selected track into the MythMusic storage
>>   directory, add the metadata to database and if you have changed the
>> metadata update the tags in the copied file. The current version doesn't
>> change the original file at all.
>>

> Paul, you need to move dumpToDatabase so that it occurs after commitMetadata.
> Otherwise the date_modified timestamp in the database will be older than the
> file modification date, which triggers an unneeded update when the scanner is
> run.

OK I'll look at that shortly.

On a related note one thing I think is a bad idea is having the lastplay
field as a timestamp because it gets updated after every change to the
record and has nothing to do with when the track was actually last
played. Is this something you will be looking at with your metadata
changes or do you want me to take a look?

Paul H.