[mythtv] PESPacket Fails CRC check everyday at 16:20

scratch1701 scratchbuild at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 09:31:42 UTC 2007

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. I have to admit that this is pretty new to me,
so if you could help explain a few things, that would be great.

> there are known problems in 0.20 with corrupted
> streams.

- So does this mean that my gdb log shows that I am experiencing
corrupted streams? I have very bad reception on 1 of the 6
multiplexes, but the crashes happen even when I am not recording on
that multiplex.

> You can usually adjust your antenna system to get a better
> signal, but you could also upgrade to SVN head.

- I live in a small block with a shared antenna, and none of the other
people seem to be complaining about the signal quality :(

My reception actually used to be worse until I bought a signal
attenuator to connect to the antenna input. Is this confirmation that
it is a signal problem?

- I have upgraded to SVN head: it Segfaulted yesterday, but I wasn't
running it with gdb, so I don't have any details to provide. I'll keep
it running to see what happens.

Cheers,
/ken