[mythtv] MHEG-5 support for New Zealand Profile

David Matthews dm at prolingua.co.uk
Fri Feb 2 12:09:45 UTC 2007

Open Media Support wrote:
> NZ DTH services are just starting and we will soon see MHEG-5 based data
> services. Need to make sure the MythTV stack can support the NZ profile.
>
> First of all they are using a stack supplied by http://www.s-and-t.com/.
>
> Next there is a chance that the EPG will be embedded in the MHEG stream
> rather than using the EIT data.
>
> So who can I work with to get this going once they start the data streams..

I'm happy to help with this since I wrote the MHEG5 and DSMCC code.  Do
you have details of the NZ profile?

Most of the UK MHEG profile is implemented but there are some aspects
that are never used in practice so aren't there.  Getting EPG info out
of the MHEG code and into the database could be tricky but it depends on
how it is encoded.  The MHEG and DSMCC code run on the frontend but you
would really want that done on the backend.

David.