[mythtv] Ticket # 4341, was: Why doesn't MythVideo's Video Manager run mythcommflag?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Dec 28 03:40:42 UTC 2007

* On Thu Dec 27, 2007 at 02:23:57PM -0500, faginbagin wrote:
> I'm a software developer who took early retirement and who's enjoying
> the time off. But I don't want to duplicate effort if this particular
> ticket is being actively worked on. It's currently assigned to "ijr" and
> has milestone = unknown. I'm not familiar with Trac (guess that's
> another thing to learn), so I'm guessing that maybe #4341 is not being
> actively worked on. If I'm right, I'll start tinkering. If I'm wrong,
> I'll work around the deadlocks as I'm doing now (kill mythfrontend and
> restart it).

By default, all tickets get assigned to 'ijr' (aka Isaac Richards, the guy
who started MythTV for all of us).  If a ticket is assigned to him, but
un-updated, then you can usually be safe in assuming that no one is working
on it.  Best to ask here as you did or in the #mythtv channel on IRC.
Normally if one the main devs starts working on something or even thinking of
working on it, we reassign the ticket to ourselves if it is not already ours.

> Should I start tinkering?

If you don't hear anything back on this thread then I'd say go for it.

--
Chris