[mythtv] Multiproto API - Multiple Inputs?

Daniel Kleine-Albers dka at dka-edv.net
Fri Dec 28 10:51:49 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out how to get MythTV working with the Multiproto
API (http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto). The good news is - it's already
working with a Pinnacle PCTV USB HDTV 452e if I only use the DVB-S
part of it. My question is: From the mythtv point of view would a
multiproto card (regardless of what DVB API it uses) be represented by
having multiple inputs (e.g. one for DVB-S and one for DVB-S2) or
would this be done differently?

For your reference I attach the patch (against a recent SVN revision)
which is working for me. This should NOT be commited to SVN as it's
really ugly and maybe breaks other things and it's still unclear if
the multiproto API will be going to the kernel at all.

Regards
Daniel