[mythtv] Mythweather problem

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Dec 26 14:39:39 UTC 2007

> What theme are you both using? This is probably related to the changes I made
> in the way the background is handled but I cannot reproduce it here.

It's happened in every theme I tried: Mythcenter wide, gant, retro,
and titivillus.

What files are required, and where should they be? Underneath
/usr/local/share/mythtv I have
./weather_settings.xml
./mythweather/weather-screens.xml
./themes/default/weather-ui.xml
./themes/default-wide/weather-ui.xml

While the OP said it worked for them in 14764, this is my first
upgrade of mythtv since 0.18, so I can't guarantee that I have
everything in order (though I tried following whatever documentation I
could find). I've installed all the perl modules I mentioned earlier,
everything else in myth seems to work (tv, music, dvd, and a few other
plugins).

If I run
./animaps.pl -l Midwest
it gives me
http://images.weather.com/looper/archive/us_mw_4regradar_plus_usen/::Midwest
Radar 2100 Mile

In my searching, the only other applicable cause of segfaults I could
find was related to qt version 3.3.8, but I've got 3.3.7 installed, so
I seem to be in the clear. mythfilldatabase runs fine without any
segfaults at the end (as those posts indicated). However, when I run
mythtv-setup I do get a segfault at the end of scanning for QAM
channels. Not sure if that is in any way related.