[mythtv] Mythweather problem

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Dec 26 13:28:00 UTC 2007

>Since upgrading to SVN 15223, mythweather kills the frontend. I get:
>
>2007-12-24 15:48:29.207 XMLParse::LoadTheme using
>/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/weather-ui.xml
>QPainter::begin: Cannot paint null pixmap
>QPainter::setPen: Will be reset by begin()

I've just done a fresh install of 15223 and am having the exact same
problems. Unfortunately, I've not found a solution yet. I've installed
all the perl libraries I know about:
XML::Parser, XML::SAX, Carp, SOAP::Lite, Data::Dumper, Date::Manip,
Getopt::Std, LWP::Simple, Exporter, Image::Size

All the scripts in /usr/local/share/mythtv/mythweather/scripts/ seem
to run fine: they generate no compile errors, and the couple I've
tested actually return data when prompted. The only odd thing there is
some warning output. Ex:
Use of uninitialized value in regexp compilation at MapSearch.pm line 51.

Though I'd expect thats not the problem, and modifying the library to
fix it doesn't help either.