[mythtv] mtd daemon commands

Tim Connolly tim at timsnet.com
Mon Dec 24 14:52:51 UTC 2007

	I'm working on a little bot that automagically transcodes my DVDs as
soon as they are inserted, and then ejects then when its finished.
I've got all the pieces working but I've noticed some differences in
the commands I use to kick off mtd/transcode compared to the myth
frontend. For example, normally to kick off the transcode, I connect
to port 2442, send the media command to see what was inserted then
send a 'job dvd 1 1 -1 0 -1 <filename>' but I've noticed myth sending
various numbers for the first digit following the 'dvd' command. Does
anyone have documentation on what these numbers relate to or how to
derive what number to send? I'm looking for 100%/DVD quality rips.
Basically I'm using myth as a DVD jukebox.

	I'm heading to the source next, but was hoping somebody would be able
to point me to some wiki that explains these arguments.

Thanks,
Tim

Merry Christmas (or Happy December 25th, take your pick).