[mythtv] Displaying unsynchronized and synchronized lyrics in MythMusic

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 19:37:45 UTC 2007

I am looking for some advice on how to proceed.  Awhile back (maybe a
year ago) I wrote some code to display synchronized lyrics from MP3
files in MythMusic.  It was mostly a rough prototype at the time and
simply read the info out of the files and displayed the lyrics in the
artist/album field on the main screen.  Worked ok but I want to take
it to the next level now.

I'd like to display unsynchronized lyrics in pageable list somewhere
and use the up/down/pgup/pgdown keys to move through it as the song
plays.  For synchronized lyrics it would be a similar display except
the current line would be highlighted and the scrolling would occur
automatically.  It's not obvious where this should be placed and I am
not real familiar with the MythMusic architecture.  I've thought of
the following possibilities:

1. Create a lyrics visualization which displays the lyrics
2. Replace the playlist listbox with lyrics or re-use that real estate
or some other space on the main screen
3. Create a whole new screen

I'd appreciate any advice that might prevent me from going down the
wrong path on this.

Thanks.