[mythtv] Bookmarking suggestion

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 20:00:02 UTC 2007

> The OP is using the setting:
>
> Action on playback exit:
>   - Just exit
>   - Save position and exit
>   - Always prompt (excluding Live TV)
>   - Always prompt (including Live TV)
>   - Prompt for Live TV only
> If set to prompt, a menu will be displayed when you exit playback mode.
> The options available will allow you to save your position, delete the
> recording, or continue watching.
>
> Set to "Save position and exit."  But, following on to your thought,
> perhaps the OP should be using "Always prompt (<either>)".
>
> Mike

Thank you for explaining. I've always used Myth (almost four years) as
"just exit"

Maybe the user should try that setting for a while and see whether
they like it. It's worked great for me, and my brain thinks that
exiting a program is like exiting a book. You lose your spot unless
you want to explicitly place a bookmark.