[mythtv] Shouldn't MythTV disable the tuner between switching inputs?

Sam Logen starz909 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 20:41:39 UTC 2007

Hi,
I was talking to someone over on the MythTV users list
about how the current ivtv drivers don't allow
switching inputs while the tuner is still active.

I learned that this is to prevent corruption in the
mpeg stream.

I've got a pvr-150, and I'm unable to switch inputs
from the tuner to a composite source during livetv.

Shouldn't mythtv disable the tuner prior to it asking
for a different input from the driver?  Or would that
break compatibility with other cards?

Sam