[mythtv] Channel lock error message even though channel is tuned and displaying fine.

Michael Smedeus micke at smeddan.mine.nu
Tue Dec 18 07:49:49 UTC 2007

Daniel Burr wrote:
> Do all of you who are seeing this problem have a separate frontend and
> backend?  There are a couple of changes in that region between 14921 and
> 14938 that relate to free space calculation in the backend.  I am
> wondering if these functions are used to calculate if enough data is
> waiting in the ring buffer after changing channels?
>
> For the record, I'm another Australian seeing the problem.  I have 1 FE and 1 BE with a DVICO Dual Digital 4.

Yes, separated FE/BE and for the record in Sweden. Symptom is just once
when entering livetv after channel lock, not while zapping further. Your
suspicion about a ring buffer issue might be something. According to
changes between 14921 and 14938 there isn't anything obvious from what I
can see.

/Micke