[mythtv] Official Thread: Mythtv.org Redesign

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 13 08:55:11 UTC 2007

Chris Petersen wrote:
> It's incredibly annoying trying to do this without tables (yes, I gave
> up trying that, too), so I'm open to other design ideas.  I think I
> really like the "3 elements on top with news below" layout for the front
> page, so for future ideas, please try to stick to something that keeps
> the "overview + quicklinks + download" separate from the news blog below it.

Are there any particular design elements that are particularly
difficult. I find that even when I'm struggling with a design (and in
terms of creativity, I'm a crap designer, but relatively OK when it
comes to mechanical implementation of someone else's creative design!),
that there will be a trick somewhere to acheive it. Even if it's
semi-ugly like the eight containing divs+immediate decant selectors
(with IE hacks) to achieve perfect border styling etc.

Col