[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r15091 - in trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic by paulh

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Dec 9 15:57:29 UTC 2007

Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Sunday 09 December 2007 14:18:57 Paul Harrison wrote:
>
>> I could add a new value to the PlayerPosition enum MP_POSDESIGNED that
>> would place the popup player where the themer says but if I did that I
>> would insist on there being a new setting that allows the *user* to
>> chose where to put it =)
>>

> Heh. I want to place it where I chose as a themer, that way it can be
> integrated into the design. I don't really want the user overriding that and
> why should they? They don't get the power to override the OSD and other
> popups. If the themer wants the popup to appear into a particular bit of
> empty space in their theme, or in a position where it matches other
> theme-able popups (see mythvideo) then they should be able to do that. My
> initial idea was to use a background image which gave the impression that the
> player slid out from the side of the screen, that background wouldn't work in
> the middle or on the wrong side.

Which side are you on now the devs or the themers? I think you are
slowly turning over to the dark side ;-)

What the hell I'll just change it to use the themed position. If the
user doesn't like it it's only a matter of editing the theme file.

> There is at least one addition I'd like to see to the widgets available, the
> progress slider. There may be others, but that's the one I'd particularly
> want for my theme. I can add this one though, if you don't want the work.

I'll take a look at adding this - need to find a theme that uses the
progress slider stuff first.

> I'd _like_ to display the volume, but I don't want to waste space on the track
> bitrate etc. If a separate volume textarea were available as an alternative
> to the info area, that would be great but I can live without displaying the
> volume.

The info area does switch to show the volume for a few seconds when it's
changed but you want a text area that shows the volume all the time is
that correct? If it's an optional item then I have no problems with that.

Paul H.