[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r15077 by stuartm

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Dec 7 15:23:05 UTC 2007

Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Friday 07 December 2007 14:00:28 Paul Harrison wrote:
>
>> Maybe it should be updated to use the UIImageGridType? It would allow
>> themers a lot more flexibility to choose what layout they want (row,
>> columns, spacing, text alignment etc).
>>

> My intention is to port the UIImageGridType or create something similar to it
> in libmythui, then use that when mythgallery is switched over. The changes I
> made today are just short term, quick fixes for the short comings of the
> existing method.
>
> If it weren't for the mythui port, then I'd probably have changed a lot more
> in mythgallery, it's UI could use a lot of work, not least because it looks
> and behaves differently to most other screens. If possible and assuming I can
> get agreement, then I'd like to style it closer to the video gallery (Menu
> not on screen all the time, thumbnails  not shown on folders and folder/image
> names shown beneath the icons, not in a separate textarea.

I agree with you on the MythGallery interface needs some work especially
not having the menu on screen all the time :-). I was also thinking the
other day when it was taking two or three minutes to scan a folder to
create a slide show how that could be sped up if there was some metadata
in the DB that could quickly be queried to create the slide show. It
could also allow for extra metadata for images to be added like a
category, date, rating etc. Anyway too many ideas, not enough time to
work on them :(

BTW if I knew what needs to be done to convert some of the existing UI
widgets to the new UI I might be able to help out. What exactly needs to
be done to convert them to the new UI?

Paul H.