[mythtv] DVB-C and MythTV

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at grumpydevil.homelinux.org
Sun Dec 2 14:40:34 UTC 2007

Janne Grunau wrote:
> On Sunday 19 August 2007 15:10:29 Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
>
>> Actually, this type of NITo usage is pretty much industry standard
>> within DVB-C.
>>

> The only complains I can remember are from Belgium and the Netherlands.
> Scandinavian providers are complient too. I doubt that it is common
> practice for DVB-C operators.
>

>>> Attached patch is cleaner. (leaks memory, configuration is missing,
>>> you have to set real_network_id in dvbstreamdata.cpp to your
>>> desired value).
>>>
>> And as far as i can see, it still breaks DVB-S? as the comparison is
>> set unconditional, as you mention, the configuration is missing.
>>

> Yes. it's still unconditional.
>
> memleak fixed see updated patch.
>
> Janne

@home changed the channel line up sgnificantly (new channels added,
channels re-shuffled over TS).

I've applied this to SVN-14769. It compiled well and i could scan DVB-C
@home with the following cave-at:
- no TS frequencies picked up
- complaints about "no tables present" on every TS
- not possible to do a tuned scan (see first remark)
- scan of existing TS works ( and allowed me to get my setup working again)
- had to hand-edit in order to remove now double present channels. A lot
of channels were not recognised as already present and were added as
new. If you only have analog cable and digital from @home i would advice
deleting all channels (though not all tuners and most certainly not the
TS) before scanning.

Cheers,

Rudy