[mythtv] Channel scanning/validation in trunk (feedback post r14355 )

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Fri Aug 31 00:36:25 UTC 2007

On Friday 31 August 2007 01:28:16 Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 18:50 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> >
> > Oh, and on the wow side...  Nice work on the scanner since the last
> > time I used it, Daniel.  Looks good, gives good feedback, and is
> > easy to use. Once I did my scan, I used "Fetch channels from
> > listings source" and it matched up the xmltvid's automatically (and
> > even took care of subchannels where the broadcaster didn't
> > distinguish between callsigns).  This was soooo much easier than
> > the last time I did a scan.
>
> When did you last do a channel scan?

The same question came to my mind.

> BTW Except for a recent DVB-S fix, the channel scanner in 0.20.2 is
> better than the one in trunk, I believe Janne and Jarod carefully
> back-ported just the fixes so 0.20.2 has the most solid channel
> scanner in MythTV yet.

It was not only fixes. Jarod had to backport some larger changesets to
get the necessary fixes. We did extensive testing and it seems to be
regression free.

> If someone is using esoteric recorders like DBOX2

I'll get Michael Haas' dbox2 to fix the recorder which is afaik for more
than a year broken. So I doubt that anyone will test it in regard to
the datadirect changes.

Janne