[mythtv] SchedulesDirect, multiple lineups -- second lineup is empty

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Aug 27 22:11:00 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 17:48 -0400, Sean Cier wrote:
> I just upgraded to 20.2 and switched to SchedulesDirect.  I have two
> lineups configured in SD (same account, same provider, just Cable and
> CableDigital).  Two sources (a PVR-500) are connected to the Analog
> lineup, and my Firewire STB is connected to the Digital lineup.  Problem
> is, while the channels and listings seem to be updated beautifully for
> the Analog sources, the Digital input gets nada: no listings, no
> channels.  I tried deleting all my sources and all my cards in
> mythtvsetup and recreating them, with no change.  Even hitting the
> "Fetch channels from listings source" (for my firewire input in under
> Inputs in mythtvsetup) does nothing: "Starting channel" remains "Please
> add channels to this source" (unlike the analog lineup, which works fine
> and lets me select a starting channel).
>
> What am I doing wrong here?  Where else should I look to fix or even
> just diagnose this?

The firewire problem was first reported yesterday and there is a
workaround documented on the users mailing list. Have a look at
this thread: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/285693

There is a patch fixing this and another problem attached to the
Schedule Direct ticket, #3842. But the patch is only against head
so far because it hasn't been tested enough yet. I don't even
want to apply it to head until I'm nearly certain it doesn't
break anything else.

This is really a users list question, but I'm answering it here
because I understand there is some panic with the new release so
close to the close of Labs.

-- Daniel