[mythtv] compilation problem

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Aug 21 16:12:04 UTC 2007

Mark Kiddy wrote:
> thx for hints but :
> changing order in ld.so.conf doesn't help
> so I deleted (sure with backup) all libraries & executables from
> previous rpm and SVN installations and now my mythtv is compiled :).
> but my question is why linker doing wrong things ?
> it's little strange - maybe a mistake in makefiles (eg. linker tries to
> link with already installed library - not with freshly compiled I think)
> ?

Too late now, but did you run ldconfig *after* changing the order in
ld.so.conf. Ldconfig creates ld.so.cache, I *think* that ldconfig will
change the search order.

The problem is with ld. It actually has a list of paths which it searchs
down to find libraries. That much is clear from 'man ld'. Where that
path is stored/changed etc. if it is NOT ld.so.conf is not so
clear....As I said, I think that ldconfig does that but that is really
just a hunch.
Geoff

              R. Geoffrey Newbury

        Helping with the HTTP issue