[mythtv] Database server and pings (r14205)

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Aug 21 04:48:34 UTC 2007

On 18/08/2007, at 8:55 PM, Ivar Eriksen wrote:

> Yeah, and prehaps have a question in the database prompt thingy
> that appears after a failed ping. "Does your mySQL server reply to
> ICMP pings?  [Yes\No].

I didn't want to add such an "expert level" question in a PopUp,
because in the majority of cases the problem is just a typo,
broken local networking, et c.

Revision 14239 now has a UI switch, in the database setup page,
to turn off pinging, and mention of ICMP pings in the help.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Beware - I am a carrier
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia |          of surrealism"