[mythtv] Displaying messages from mythshutdown in mythfrontend - ideas?

Lukas K lukas.kasprowicz at online.de
Sat Aug 18 20:26:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

Am Samstag 18 August 2007 18:14:50 schrieb Matthew Wire:
> mythshutdown -x returns false, can't shutdown system.  I want to inform
> the user via a dialog that it ran successfully.

I would like to see such a feature, too. E.g. for mytharchive to inform the
user to insert a dvd, close the tray or similar things.

Another solution would be to use external applications like xosd and simply
run this application with the needed message. A popup would be really nicer.

mythtvosd is no option, because it works only if the user uses the internal
player.

Lukas