[mythtv] DVB-C and MythTV

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at grumpydevil.homelinux.org
Fri Aug 17 21:58:21 UTC 2007

Christiaan van Dijk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been working on a MythTV box with a DVB-C card and ran into some
> problems. I solved quite some issues and would like to share these here.
>
> A known problem with DVB-C are the network IDs. In a normal DVB
> situation there's only one main network ID in the NIT which describes
> the used network. In DVB-C however the network ID needs to be entered
> manually and is not even located in the NIT but in NITo. I've seen
> some discussion on how to deal with this since it's not really DVB
> standard and solutions are mainly dirty hacks which only pollute the
> code. I tried a solution which is a bit in between (to my opinion :-)
> ), this solution makes it possible to give a network ID in the
> configuration script which is compiled into the code, if not defined
> (default) the code stays in it's original state. There is some code
> pollution with the conditional defines but I tried to keep it to a
> minimum.
> To use a fixed network ID simply add the option --dvb-net-id=1111 to
> the configuration script (for network ID 1111).
>
> There still is a bug in the standard code for handling the NITo
> tables, the buffering of the different sections needs to take the
> network ID into account since the NITo tables can and will include
> multiple network IDs. This could be tricky since there could be up to
> 64k-1 IDs in theory. The patch avoids this problem by only
> interpreting the NITo/NIT with the matching network ID as main NIT.
>
> Also fixed a bug in the channel inversion setting, the scanner used to
> set an invalid value for DVB-C, now it defaults to auto. Really minor
> but avoids warnings in the log files.

Hi  Christiaan,

Have you kept these current with SVN? i just tried a scan on the @home
transports in order to update my channels, as they are apparently no
longer up to date. And completely failed with current SVN, as it no
longer sees the DVB tables. Updating them is now a real pain.

Have not yet tried to apply to current SVN, will try that tomorrow.

Cheers,

Rudy