[mythtv] Database server and pings (r14205)

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Aug 17 04:51:56 UTC 2007

On 8/16/07, Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Ivar.
>

> > IMO the idea is good, but there should be some way to bypass this
> > check
> > as some servers\routers ignores pings.
>
> Sorry, I hadn't thought about that!
>

> Would a parameter in mysql.txt,
> or another command-line switch, be enough?

I think something in mysql.txt would be the best as it allows for permanent
configuration without messing with command-line options.  I mean, anyone who
is setting up a mysql system that doesn't respond to pings is probably doing
something out of the ordinary anyways and can handle making a change like
this to their system.

Kevin