[mythtv] Database server and pings (r14205)

Ivar Eriksen slegge at online.no
Thu Aug 16 21:34:54 UTC 2007

Hey

As far as I've found out Revision 14205 adds a check that pings the
database server before connecting to it. If it dont get a response on
the ping check, it jumps directly to database prompting.

IMO the idea is good, but there should be some way to bypass this check
as some servers\routers ignores pings. If you have a database on a
server that ignores the ping request you wont be able to connect at all
with this patch. (Unless I'm missing something vital)

---
Ivar