[mythtv] trunk/themes gone in r14174

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 22:50:13 UTC 2007

On 8/13/07, Justin Hornsby <justin.hornsby at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13/08/07, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is this a temporary thing? I can't them having been moved elsewhere in the tree.
>
> As far as I'm concerned, it's not a temporary thing.
>
> I should probably have never allowed myself to be talked into getting
> commit access & putting those themes in there.  I've always had a
> love/hate affair with my themes, and the way I continue to feel about
> them is that I'd be happy if they just vanished into thin air.
>
> One theme turned into two, then four, then six.. maintaining them all,
> especially when I don't use them is a burden I no longer want to feel.
>  Spending more time than is healthy in IRC probably hasn't helped
> matters either.
>
> Anybody with commit access can bring them back if they want, I no
> longer want to have anything to do with them.
>
> I'm bowing out.  I only wish I had the nouse to do it more gracefully.
>
> Regards,
> Justin

Justin,

First - Thank you for the hard work.  It's obvious you put a lot of
time and effort into making "QUALITY" themes.  This isn't something
that's been synonymous with third-party myth themes.  So, it's obvious
to the casual observer that you must have taken your time and done
things right and didn't leave them stagnant when things changed in
SVN.

Second - I don't think anyone can blame you for your decision.  No one
should feel tied to something that takes away from other parts of
their life that make them happy.  If this is what made you happy, than
awesome... if not, then please - go do whatever it is that you feel is
your calling.  If you have time left-over on the side for myth theme
development, than cool!  If not, then I think it's a good idea to
simply leave with what you've contributed and let the community take
over the rest.  Obviously, I don't think this community has a great
track record with theme development/maintanance, but hey... maybe the
next "Justin" will come along, or at least when a small change is made
to the core themes, some one will make sure that change is reflected
in your themes.

So, go do something, enjoy yourself, and we'll see you around when you
feel like it.  No big deal.  Thank you for leaving the themes for us
to enjoy.

Thanks!
Matt