[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r14131 by stuartm

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Fri Aug 3 15:02:07 UTC 2007

On Friday 03 August 2007 15:09:07 Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 13:37 +0000, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
> >       Author: stuartm
> >         Date: 2007-08-03 13:37:25 +0000 (Fri, 03 Aug 2007)
> > New Revision: 14131
> >    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/14131
> >
> > Modified:
> >
> >    trunk/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/globalsettings.cpp
> >
> > Log:
> >
> > The default font used for the OSD and CC is the first one font in the
> > fonts directory, which is usually freemono. Freemono is an extremely ugly
> > font and doesn't make the best first impression, so I've forced the
> > default value to Freesans instead.
>
> I believe teletext may require a mono font. Or at least one
> where the "m" fits in it's allocated portion of the screen
> when in a teletext menu. AFAIK the OSD does not have this
> restriction.

The default teletext/cc font can be reverted to freemono, my change was mostly
aimed at improving the default look of the OSDs. We don't have CC over here
and so I'm not sure whether a mono font is really acceptable aesthetically.

If not, then it may make sense to split the font settings accordingly so that
the teletext font is different to the CC font. I don't really like adding new
settings but IMHO getting the default settings right is more important.

A third option would be to drop these settings entirely and hard-code the
defaults. The OSD fonts are themable and so that setting seems redundant. Is
demand for customisable CC fonts really that great?
--
Stuart Morgan