[mythtv] findid for non-find rules, IsSameProgram checks (help Bruce!)

David Shay david at shay.net
Fri Aug 3 02:18:06 UTC 2007

On 8/2/07, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 09:44:53AM -0500, David Engel wrote:
> > It's a bug.  I have a patch lying around somewhere to address this
> > problem.  It sets the parentid equal to the recordid in the scheduler
> > if it's not already set.  The findid check can then be qualified by
>
> I just went back and reviewed my old patch.  I believe the findid
> check you were referring to is completely bogus.  There is another,
> more qualified, findid check above there that should be sufficient.

OK.  I'll remove it in my update.  I still wonder if the check above
that ought to be even more qualified by the specific findtypes and
override types.  It looks like IsSameProgram is most often called by
the scheduler, which defaults in a 0 for findid for those types, but
that is not always true for other cases where it can also be called
from.