[mythtv] mythtv-vid branch needs testing

Asher freedenizen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 21:36:53 UTC 2007

On 8/2/07, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 12:52 -0700, Asher wrote:
> > I also noticed a lot of prebuffer pauses when playing back HD content.
> >  I set it to just use regular XvMC with (I believe) the same settings
> > that I use for trunk without problem.
>
> Which settings are those? chromakey or ia44 OSD? Which deinterlacer?
> What XvMC hardware are you using? VIA, nVidia, other?

I will try to test tonight and get you all the info, different setting
etc.  I did notice that it wasn't a cpu limitation, usage was around
40% so I'm thinking it is gpu limited, only running a 6600GT

> > I don't have my logs accessible right now but there were messages in
> > them stating something along the lines of "deinterlacer 'xxxxx' not
> > active'  It didn't matter which deinterlacer I chose, even none it
> > would say that.
>
> I would need to see the logs. Bob deint will only work if the refresh
> rate is high enough, and the 'none' deinterlacer will never load. I'll
> make sure we don't print anything confusing to the log in this case.

ok, so I'm guessing 60Hz isn't high enough?  Unfortunately that is all
my display will do.  I think I tried linearblend and kernel deint and
was getting the same message but once again I will test later and get
logs, do you want them with -v playback?