[mythtv] mythmusic doesn't detect CD eject

leoweppelman at googlemail.com leoweppelman at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 30 20:36:30 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 01:21:03PM -0700, Craig Boline wrote:
> Bryant
>
> You aren't the only one that has this issue.  I found that I just trained myself to stop playing the cd first.  But you are right, this is kinda odd behavior. Why don't you submit a ticket in Trac.  Or, better yet, check if a ticket is already there.  There may already be a patch.

It annoys me too and I got to the point that I changed the paranoia_cb
function in mythmusic/cddecoder.cpp to read:

static void paranoia_cb(long inpos, int function)
{
    inpos = inpos; function = function;
if (function == PARANOIA_CB_READERR)
  VERBOSE(VB_IMPORTANT, "paranoia_cb: Read error");
}

And yes, when I eject the cd during playing, I do get the
'paranoia_cb: Read error' message. Next step is patching CdDecoder::run()
(right below) to do someting with this knowledge - like quitting the decoding.
I haven't had time to cook up a patch yet....

Leo.