[mythtv] mythmusic doesn't detect CD eject

Joe Bryant tenminjoe at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 14:00:21 UTC 2007

Hi -

I am using version 0.20. One feature I would like is to be able to use it like
an "ordinary" CD player. I have configured it so that when I put in a CD, Myth
detects it and plays it automatically. This works perfectly, just as I want it
to.

However, if I hit the DVD drive eject button whilst the disc is still playing,
it *does* open the drive, but it does *not* stop MythMusic playing the CD.
After a few seconds of buffering, Myth starts making strange noises, like it's
still trying to play the CD even though it has no data any more.

I haven't tried to use the CD player feature of Myth before, so I don't know if
it's always behaved liked this. This is a new installation. Is this some
strange state I've managed to get my new box into, or does it behave like this
for everyone? Is there a workaround? What I'd really like is for Myth to stop
playing automatically (as if I'd pressed 'stop' before I pressed the eject
button), but if there's a way to get it to keep the tray locked until the music
is stopped, that would be OK too.

Thanks very much. My first time posting to this list, I hope I didn't make any
terrible faux pas.

Joe Bryant