[mythtv] Red/blue colour swap on XvMC VLD

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Apr 29 14:22:22 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 20:53 +1200, Robin Gilks wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I've found that if I use mencoder to encode a track from a DVD the red and
> blues get swapped round on my CN400 based Epia SP13000 when using the
> Internal player.
>
> The display is fine in mplayer and it seems to make no difference changing
> to Standard or libmpeg2 as the display driver so I assume its something to
> do with the Unichrome chipset. The tracks play OK on my nvidia based box
> with the Internal player.
>
> Does anyone know if this has been fixed in the -vid branch? - I'm
> currently running r13317 from SVN head.

This is probably an XVideo driver bug. There is a define in
videoout_xv.cpp which will do an color swap to get around
buggy drivers. This happens with the ATI proprietary drivers
which advertise I420 support, but implement it as YV12. But
since the openchrome drivers are GPL this should be easy to
fix in the driver.

BTW The reason mplayer is working is because it tries YV12
first, while we try I420 first.

-- Daniel